Christian Network for Environment and Justice
Welcome to the “Christian Network for Environment and Justice” website. This website will be a forum for everybody who wants to exchange information, involvement, frustration and ideas in connection with the Christian church’s work with environmental protection, ecology, and the connection between our consumption and justice.
The network was established in 1999 after the establishment of a similar network between churches in Europe (European Christian Environmental Network/ECEN). The network is ecumenical and wants to promote this work at all levels within the church. Therefore, the network caters for individuals, congregations and organisations that want to work with these questions in their churches.
- More on the history of the network, and theological platform
- Join us!
The purpose of the network is to create forums for people who want to get involved in questions about “consumption and justice”, ecology and environment with their Christian faith as a starting point. Seminars (central and/or regional) and these web pages will be such forums.
The forums shall provide mutual information, exchange of experiences and inspiration. Since the 1996 General Synod, the Church of Norway has an obvious involvement in these questions under the headline “Consumption and Justice”, a work that on a national level is coordinated and run by the Church of Norway National Council. In this way, the network wants to be a support group and to push for the Church of Norway’s follow-up of the work with “Consumption and Justice”. On the same level as and through our ecumenical cooperation partners, we will support such an involvement in other denominations, and provide an extensive cooperation with “everyone of good will” outside the churches also.¨
- More on the current organisation, structure and secretariat of the network
- What has happened? Glimpses of our work in recent years.
- Why is the church involved in these questions? What has the church said earlier on these subjects?
- Important thematic areas (Eco-management, Biotechnology, International Trade, Global Week of Action, Creation Day/Period, Shop test, Climate/Energy)
- Signs of hope
- Useful links (Church of Norway, NCA, ECEN, CEC, WCC, LWF)
- Contact us: Address, email, and phone